Listening Exercise 3 - Meditation on a Picture:
- Sit quietly for a few moments. Thank the Lord he is with you and wants to speak to you. If you are troubled by thoughts or burdens consciously lift them up to God and leave them with him.
- Acknowledge the presence of the Holy Spirit in you. Tell him you want to hear what God wants you to know. Invite him to speak to you.
- Some people respond to words, others to pictures. Do not be worried or concerned if you find it hard to 'hear' anything during this session. But do try - don't use this as an excuse.
- Take time to look at each of the pictures below. Do not try to analyse the picture - that would be your thoughts rather than God's.
- For each picture record in your journal anything he says, or anything you 'see' or feel, and your response to it. Then move on to the next picture.
Repeat this exercise regularly, using your favourite pictures, or any other pictures the Lord might point out to you. You can also do it as you respond to things you see around you, such as a sunset, a child, an animal, anything at all.
The above photographs were taken and produced by Mal Austin, and used with his permission. Mal's business, Givenworks, is dedicated to bringing glory to God. More of Mal's powerful and beautiful pictures, posters and greeting cards can be obtained directly from Givenworks or from your favourite Christian bookshop.
These photographs were also taken and produced by Mal Austin, and are used with his permission. Visit Mal's Givenworks website to see more of Mal's powerful and beautiful pictures, posters and greeting cards. They can be obtained directly from Givenworks or from your many Christian bookshops.
Visit some of our other websites:
Williamstown Baptist Church and Beth Tephillah Ministry Centre.
God Loves Us - Australia, God Really Loves Us!
Healing Prayer Ministries Network - networking Christian prayer ministry centres and prayer ministry training organisations
Healing Prayer Ministry Search Engine
Christian Mysticism Search Engine
Prayer Counselling - A definitive guide to prayer counselling, prayer ministry, Christian counselling, and healing ministry
Speak in Tongues - For those who want to learn how to speak in tongues, and how to use this gift in ministry.
Burden Bearer - How to be a burden bearer and not get sick.
A Reasonable Mystic - How to be a mystic and not lose your reason.
Intimacy with God.net - The world's Greatest Lover is calling you!
The Blog Works - Learn to build a better blog.
Controversial Christian - A website for those who think Christians argue too much!
Dark Night of the Soul - The way up when all is black. About burnout, depression, and when God seems absent.
Mal's Meanderings - Mal Dow's blog about Christian living, ministry, future and emerging church, theology, philosophy, and effective Internet use.
The Roaring Mouse - The Roaring Mouse.
Roaring Mouse Counselling
Malcolm Dow Dot Com - Malcolm Dow - the Roaring Mouse's autobiographical blog
New Spirit - I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you - Ezekiel 36:26
See what's new in the Listening 2 God Blog: